Tuesday 13 April 2010

A liberation broadcast....

Ok, here goes, something real from the heart not via the head... This is harder than I thought it would be.

I've always thought I'm something of an open book, and people have said I'm easy to read, but it's actually very difficult for me to open up... especially when this fucking shit is on in the background. Reckless love - Beautiful bomb... they look like they're a whitesnake tribute act, but sound like every other fucking new band out there.... Kerrang! and rock has gone downhill this past year....

Anyway, I've gone off track... but while doing so two different people have complimented me on my writing style and ability... and that got me thinking. I've always been gifted with words, and I love the English language, it's so unusual. I mean, the best example I can think of this is anything written by Ronnie Barker, the man was a genius when it came to hidden meanings. Four candles/ fork 'andles was incredible, and still amazes me today.

Another thing I try with my writing is humour. Who wants to read 8 or 9 paragraphs without smiling once? Plus, whenever emotion is involved I use sarcasm as a defence mechanism, as many people do. This makes it easier to throw in a joke here and there when things become too serious, I've had a lot of practice... and more than one black eye to prove it :p

But really, in the end, all it comes down to is inspiration. When I am inspired enough to have an opinion I find it very easy to put it across... on paper or online... in person I'm a wreck, I start talking, forget what I'm saying, get confused about how to describe something or what word I want to use and the whole thing falls apart. Yet, when I take the time and think about what I'm saying I have the charisma and wit of Oscar Wilde.... without the unusual sexual activities.... although maybe I'd have been locked up back then for some of mine, hard to say, they frowned on homosexuality, but nobody mentions heterosexuals with a taste for BDSM.... I suppose I'd not have been chained up anyway for it, because I'd just enjoy it :p

I'll stop now, because this is getting away from me... I'll leave you with one final thought - I'm a fucking coward, and if I can come on here and write almost daily about things I'm ashamed to say aloud, things that I don't quite undrstand, and to post my ignorances throughout cyberspace, why can't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment