Wednesday 14 April 2010

Regrets. I've had a few. But then again; too few to mention.

I have a question. If you could change anything in your past, would you?

I honestyly wouldn't. I've got my fair share of regrets, and I'd love to change a lot of things about me, but at the end of the day I like me, and I am the sum of my experiences.

I'm not going into the nature/ nurture debate, I'm still on the fence, but we do change throughout life depending on our environment.

Really what it comes down to is the forgetting pill. This is a drug that can be administered after trauma to help the individual forget it ever happened. Now, I have to say I'm not against it, in some cases it's the best thing for a person. But I know some people who have faced certain traumas of their own, and it has made them better stronger people.

Basically, I wouldn't like to forget anything about my past, no matter how shameful, embarrassing or awkward, because it has shaped who I am, and I like me, not a whole lot of people do, but I'm content with who I am, so fuck em. :p

No comments:

Post a Comment